The available metals, head-types and finishes are mentioned below.
The solid rivet is the most widely used mechanical fastener in construction and manufacturing assembly. It offers the user these advantages:
- Its cost is low
- It allows high rate of production with minimal investment in machinery.
- It facilitates joining different materials of differing thicknesses.
- It has high shear strength.
- It is consistently applied by unskilled labor.
- It provides a tamper-resistant permanent joint.
- It is versatile – can be structural yet decorative.
Below are examples of a few available head-types in Solid Rivets Available in : Mild Steel (MS), Stainless Steel (SS), Copper, Aluminum and Brass